1. Can I become a licensed security officer if I have a felony or a misdemeanor?
2. Can I use a License To Carry Permit to perform security duties?
3. Do I have the same arrest powers and authority as a Peace/Police Officer or can I ride around with red and blue emergency lights on my patrol vehicle?
6. When off of work can I still carry my firearm as long as I have my Level 3 Commission card and
7. Does my security company have to register me under their license with the PSB within 15day of accepting employment?
13. Can I carry OC Spray and/or Baton while performing duties solely as a Non-Commissioned Officer. Ans: No. While working as a non-commissioned you are unarmed.
17. Can I carry more than one pistol at one time while performing duties as a security officer? Ans: Technically there is nothing in the Occupation Code 1702 or Administrative Rule 35 regulating this topic. In a common sense/practical thought about this topic you would need to make sure that you could guard both firearms from being taken off of your person in a confrontation. You and your company should be sure that you have qualified with both firearms and that you are proficient in your discharge of them. Never compromise you liability issues while trying to appear to be tough and ultra menacing. Remember one thing where ever you negligently discharge rounds from you firearm you own them and are responsible for them. You could be charged with Reckless Injury of a Third Person.